It's a bit of a cliché at this point, I'm sure, to reflect on the hardships of 2020. So, I will strictly be sticking to the positives on this post! I had a lot of successes in 2020, and I'm incredibly grateful to be able to say that.
If you didn't see my Year In Review from last year, I included a few goals for 2020. Here's a recap:
GOALS FOR 2020
- Find a job or freelance projects in animation or toy design
- Read at least 8 books
- Storyboard a scene from Alienated
- Play piano as much as possible!
- Keep building my portfolio
- Travel!!! Lots of weddings coming up!
Now, here are the highlights from this year (you may notice, I did accomplish a few of the goals from above!!!!)
- Was hired as a freelance designer for Joyin in June.
- Promoted to full time designer for in November.
- Read 9 books!
- Made an instagram account for Avery (@alienated_avery)
- Started playing piano again
- Continued living with my parents and living at home.
I think the theme of this year for me was definitely Rediscovery. After feeling some of my all time lows earlier this year, I finally feel like I'm myself again. I am able to partake in the hobbies that used to make me so happy. I have fallen in love with art again. I am home, I'm happy, I'm safe. And most importantly - I am healthy.
Here are my goals for next year:
GOALS FOR 2021
- Read 12 books
- Regularly create content for Avery's instagram account.
- Build my character design portfolio
- Focus on my health again
- Learn to drive?? Maybe????
- Move out?????? Relocate??! Maybe??
- Work hard and have fun!
Now, for one of the most fun parts of these year end reviews - ALL THE THROWBACKS!
Previous Art Summaries
Who is Kati?
I'm a fairy mermaid muppet princess who doodles much. I'm an illustrator, character designer, and toy designer with a passion for TV animation and toys! I love pink, purple, glitter, and all things cute! I received my BFA in Illustration from the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design in 2019 and am currently located in Madison, Wisconsin.