2021 Year in Review
-Another year has passed, so it's time for my annual End of the Year reflection. This is my time to reflect on my art, my life, and my future. For those of you who are new here, this has been a tradition for 10 years now and I'm excited to continue. Let's talk about 2021!
If you didn't see my Year In Review from last year, here's a recap of my goals for this year:
GOALS FOR 2021
- Read 12 books ✔️
- Regularly create content for Avery's instagram account.
- Build my character design portfolio
- Focus on my health again
- Learn to drive?? Maybe????
- Move out?????? Relocate??! Maybe??
- Work hard and have fun! ✔️
Although I only really reached 2 of these goals, I still feel like I accomplished a lot this year. Here are the highlights from this year! This time around, they are much more personal as I focused a lot more on myself, my friends, and my family as opposed to my art this year. Although I do have many art related accomplishments I am proud of from this year - they happened at work and they're not quiet ready to share yet. 😏But you'll hear more about all that next year!
- Focused more on myself, and less on social media by enjoying hobbies again like sewing, reading, & gaming!
- Moved into my mom's old office for my Work from Home studio.
- Got vaccinated and boosted!
- Had gum reattachment surgery in June
- Lost almost 2,000 followers on Instagram from lack of art posts (and I'm totally happy with it lol!)
- Played the role of bridesmaid in 2 weddings this summer for my great friends Emily & Jacob in July and or Chelle & Evan in August.
- Went to Walt Disney World with Kari!!
- Got to finally see my cousin, Chloe, while she was home visiting from Japan after 2 years abroad.
- Started a virtual overseas "book club" with Chloe to keep us in touch & reading lots!
- Continued working at Joyin, reaching my 1 year anniversary as a full-time remote artist, taking on over 300+ projects
- Read 40 books! (333% of my goal!)
In 2021, I definitely wanted to focus more on discovering who I am vs who Katidoodlesmuch was. It was like I had two personalities, and needed to reconnect with who I really am instead of who I wanted social media to perceive me as. I felt a deeper connection with my friends and family regardless of the distance between us. Daily check-ins via text, video chat, etc were such an important part of my year. I'm still living at home with my parents, and treasuring the time we have together every single day. Plus, reconnecting with my love of reading had a very important role in my year.
Here are my goals for next year:
GOALS FOR 2022
- Read 52 books (one a week!)
- Repair my relationship with movement (This one is definitely important since I live a pretty stagnant life while working from home)
- Create more with a focus on my own growth as an artist
- Rebuild my relationship with social media in a healthier way by slowly creating content again with my new perspective in mind.
- Keep working hard at my job & learning as much as I can about the Toy Industry.
And of course, it wouldn't be a true Katidoodlesmuch end of the year reflection without the best part. Here are ALL my Year End Reviews since 2011. I can't believe I have been doing these reflections for 10 years now! As you flip through, I hope you can see all the hard work I've put into my craft & the improvements along the way. Thank you to everyone who has been there from the beginning, or any step along the way. I am forever grateful for the support.
I wish you all a wonderful new year filled with love, laughter, and lots of glitter. ✨
PREVIOUS ART SUMMARIES
Who is Kati?
I'm a fairy mermaid muppet princess who doodles much. I'm an illustrator, character designer, and toy designer with a passion for TV animation and toys! I love pink, purple, glitter, and all things cute! I received my BFA in Illustration from the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design in 2019 and am currently located in Madison, Wisconsin.